Monday, June 9, 2008

Pregnancy


My pregnancy was one of the worst things I have ever gone through. It wouldn't have been so bad if I wouldn't have been sick almost the whole time. I was sick for 28 weeks. Those of you who don't know a pregnancy consists of 40 weeks. By the time I was about 5 months along my back hurt so bad my husband would have to lift me out of bed. My body was having a hard time stretching. I would throw up at least 10 times a day if I didn't take my Unisom. Unisom is a sleep aid with the side effect of anti-nausea. It was the only thing that kept me sane during my pregnancy. If I didn't take it, I couldn't even last throughout the day. By the time I quit throwing up, I had become a natural at it. I would have to say that my labor was way easier than my pregnancy. The morning that I woke up and knew I was having Jaxon, I woke up with a baseball sized amount of water in my underwear. I went to the bathroom and changed my underwear, to make sure that I hadn't peed my pants before waking up Jon. I waited about 5 minutes, and sure enough there was another little puddle of water. My water had ruptured. I woke Jon up and of course he didn't believe me. He thought that I had peed my pants. I assured him that I had not. We called Roman's Grandparents to come and get him. They were going to keep while I was having the baby. Although I was only having contractions every 20 minutes that weren't even that bad, I knew it was time to have the baby. When we got to the hospital, they checked for amniotic fluid. Sure enough the test was positive and they had to keep me even though I was only dialted to a 2-3. We got to the hospital about 12:30 in the afternoon. After about 4 hours I was at a 4, but the contractions were so bad that I told Jon if I didn't get my epidural soon, he wasn't going to make it out of the hospital. 15 minutes later, Justin Evenson, a good friend of ours from church came and gave me my epidural. It was one of the best moments of my life. I didn't feel anything, until it was time to push Jaxon out. At the last time they had checked me I was dialated to a 6. Then, like 30 minutes later, I kept telling them I had to poop really bad. The nurse said that was normal. My mom was like no she is getting ready to have this baby, you need to check her again. The nurse assured my mom that she just checked me and I wasn't ready to have the baby. My mom said no you need to check her, because in our family we hit a 10 really fast. Sure enough, she checked me and the baby was crowning. She called for the doctor and Jaxon was pushed out in 15 minutes and 3 pushes. It was the easiest delivery and I only felt a little bit of pressure. The weirdest thing about it all was when his head and shoulders were out, I looked down and then they just pulled him out. It kinda grossed me out. Then they asked Jon if he wanted to cut the cord. He did. When he cut it, blood splattered everywhere, on the walls, my face, our clothes, my pillow, and the wall like 3 feet behind me. It was so gross. Jaxon was born on July 8, 2007 at 8:32 pm. He weighed 7 lbs, 2 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. I was very glad to have him out of me and meet my boy at last.

No comments: