Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Engagement Period-Through Wedding

During the time that we were engaged we did a lot of fun things. Too many to name actually. Jon had joint custody at the time of his son Roman and had him on Tues., Weds., Thurs., and every other weekend. Any time Roman was over there, so was I. Roman was the funnest baby. He was happy all the time and fun and easy. Roman had such an attachment to Jon because he took care of him so well. Roman has always been his daddy's boy. When we didn't have Roman we were always doing something with friends and spending time with family. We eat dinner at my mom's house every Sunday with the whole family, where my brother Steven comes and of course we being the evening of old stories and of course all of his crude comments.


Jon started coming to church in January of 2006 with me every week and of course brought Roman. He really enjoyed coming and the people there. He started to take the discussions from the missionaries at the time. The missionaries were such wonderful teachers. We couldn't have asked for two better men. Jon went to church for quite a long time before deciding that it was true and got baptized on September 23, 2006. I was very glad that he waited for that long to know before getting baptized. Some people do it to shortly and then just quit going. Now, Roman asks by about Thursday every week when is it time to go to church. Of course, he just wants to play with his friends in the Nursery, but he still loves going to church. It is such a good thing to get them going when their little because they enjoy more if you start it when they are young.


Jon and I got married on January 27, 2007, thus ending the engagement period. We had a beautiful wedding. We got married in a Chapel in Bella Vista, Arkansas. It was an amazing chapel. Jon's uncle married us, and did a fabulous job. He didn't just read from the back of a book. He wrote everything that he said to us and did such a wonderful job. We were grateful that he lives close by to do that. The whole day was so wonderful. Of course I was about 3 months pregnant when we got married and on the whole way to the chapel I was so scared that I was going to throw up during the ceremony. I had been extremely ill and threw up every day. I had to take a medicine the night before in order not to throw up. It was kind of sad that on the day of my wedding that was my biggest concern that I was going to throw up on my dress. Luckily I didn't. Sugar was one of the things that settled my belly, so I ate candy all the way to Arkansas.


The wedding was beautiful. We had Roman as the Ring Bearer and he cried most of the way down the isle. Renee Forest was my Maid of Honor and she carried him down because he was crying. It actually is a cute picture. He really wanted his dad. In the middle of the ceremony when it was really quiet, my brother had brought some fries and gave some to Roman, well Roman dropped one and said very loudly UH-OH! It was so cute, everyone started laughing. The rest of the day was great. We had a fabulous reception at the Holdiay Inn with a great turnout. I'm so grateful that I met such a wonderful man, with a wonderful family.

No comments: