Friday, June 6, 2008

In the Beginning...How I met Jon


I met Jon when I was looking for a second job to bring in some more money. I was already going to school full time and working another job, but I was done with all of that by 3 and wanted something else to do. I started looking for a night job in March of 2005 and found one at Sunterra Resorts. It was probably one of the last jobs I wanted to do....but the hours were perfect and you made decent money. The job title was a telemarketer selling vacations to our resort. On my first day of training we had this awful trainer named Rick who was a total goober. He was one of the Floor Managers. Well then he wanted to introduce us to the other manager. He walked in the door and we had an immediate attraction to each other, it was obvious. His name was Jon.

As he began introducing himself to the table, I was in the last seat. He shook my hand last.....which I remind him of all the time.....He had the girliest handshake out of anyone i'd ever met. I make fun of him to the day for it. He said he was just nervous. Well, I was on the sales floor for 2 weeks and had only sold 2 vacations. I was awful at the job. But, Jon did not want me to leave, so he got a different position that open in the activations department. That meant that I got the easy part of calling people and setting up their dates for the vacation that they had already bought. Well it turned out that I was really good and getting people to set up their dates and was made into the evening assistant manager. Within a couple of weeks after doing that I decided since Jon wasn't going to make the first move that I better do it. Even if we were just going to be friends. I went up to him one evening after work while I was on the phone with a friend( I thought it might soften the blow if he said no) and asked him if would like to start walking with me on this trail. We had both been recently talking about how we needed to start working out. So I figured that was the best way to get him to hang out with me. Well, he said yes and we started walking a few times a week. It just fell into place from there. We started going on dates and having a lot of fun. Then, one day I got a mysterious phone call with some bad news(I won't go into detail), that ended it for me and Jon. We no longer talked unless it had to do with work. I wouldn't even speak to him if he tried. I tried to start dating again....only 1 guy and then decided like most women do in their lives that men suck and that I was going to become a nun.

Well then a good friend of mine, Brianne Kemp(now Heiner) was going to get married. She asked me to be a bridesmaid, and I new it was my chance to go on a vacation and get out of town. Well about 3 weeks before I left Jon and I started talking nice again, and decided on the friendship thing again. So after returning home from her wedding in September, Jon and I began to start dating again. At this point he had a 1 month old son from a previous girlfriend. I already knew he was having a baby when we starting daing in March. Well things started getting pretty serious pretty fast. In December of 2005, we had a work party and all went well. We had a lot of food left over and Jon and I decided to go donate it to Souls Harbor in Joplin. We had decided to go watch a movie afterwards. When we are on the way(in our seperate cars) he started going a different direction and took me to the park(trail) where we had originally started walking together. I knew right then something was up and I figured he was going to propose. Well I was right. He walked over to the middle of a grassy area, pulled a ring, an insanely gorgeous ring I might add out of his hat and proposed. I was so excited that after I said yes I just grabbed the ring and slapped it on my finger, realizing that he wanted to do that part. And everything has gone great ever since. Next I will start telling more of the story and the coming of Children!

2 comments:

Brianne Heiner said...

haha very cute....I was honored to be part of the story ;) Basically I'm the reason you got married hu??? jk

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

Awe how sweet! You two are so great.