Friday, October 24, 2008

The Season of Sick Kids


So last Wednesday night....Jaxon started to get a cold. He was actually fine with it other than the nast coughing. Well this Tuesday night he pulled an all nighter, and Jon and I both knew that even with the tubes he had to have an ear infection because he was up all night screaming. I called the doctor first thing in the morning and made the appointment. When we got their they looked at everything else and it was fine. We got to his right ear and immediately she said "oh yeah, there is definately an infection in this ear. So.....she writes out a prescription for us and we head to the medicine shoppe. When I get there they tell me that it is going to be 65 dollars. I was like there is no way the generic brand is 65. They tell me that what it is, is that we have to pay a 50 dollar deductible for the new insurance. Well we already have over 1400 dollars in bills for Jaxon's kidney visit and shots. I was like there is no way i'm going to pay another 65 for a prescription. So I called the doctor and told them the situation, and so she called in one of those 4 dollar prescriptions from walmart. Needless to say i'll be not going to Medicine Shoppe anymore and staying with walmart. My birth control was even almost 20 dollars cheaper.

Then that night Roman decides that he needs to get sick as well. He came into our bedroom at about 11, and I just knew something was wrong. I figured that it wouldn't be long before he was throwing up. He has a certain look about him when he is going to throw up. Needless to say 10 minutes later he was throwing up. The next morning I put him on the couch and put cartoons on for him. He then threw up on me. FUN FUN FUN. So, not only was he moaning every 2 minutes and running a high fever, but Jaxon was having constant diarrhea. I went threw 20 diapers with him yesterday and about 15 the day before. So I had one throwing up and one coming out the other end. Luckily now they are both feeling better and I'm not going threw 3 days worth of diapers today.

2 comments:

The Crisps said...

oooooooooooh that sucks. I totally feel ya. It is a VERY rare occasion when there is not a sick kid in our house.
ps. the "word verification" says "hooker" haha. just thought that was kinda funny.

Nicole_Hart said...

what does it say about hooker???