Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Husband Gone :(


For those of you who don't know.......my husband took a 3 week course last year to become an insurance adjuster for Hurricanes. These adjusters go out into the field after a hurricane and assess the damage. They can be gone for months at a time. Well my husband left on Saturday for Hurricane Ike, and wont be back for a few months it looks like. He is staying in Houston right now and as of tonight already has 100 claims that he is working on. We will go out to Houston once a month to visit and stay for a week or two. I am going to miss him so much. Well.....I already do miss him so much. I'm okay during the day, but when it comes to night time, I have a very hard time. I don't like to sleep by myself and have had a couple bad nights trying to fall asleep without him there. I don't sleep very well when he is gone. The boys miss him very much...Roman is always asking for him the majority of the day, but especially in the morning. Jaxon always looks at my phone and just says daddy. He knows that he gets to talk to him on the phone. It is very hard especially for Roman since he is such a daddy's boy to not get to see his dad. I sit down with him every day and tell him that his daddy is working very hard so that he can buy him a new house and then Roman gets a little bit happier. But he still has a hard time in the morning. He used to always come in our room in the morning and snuggle Jon. We are all going to miss him very much and I hope that the middle of October can get here fast so that we can go and see him.

So I have been having a very hard time weening Jaxon off of his bottle. He was very attatched to it because of having so many ear infections. It is his security blanket. I am normally very strong with stuff like this and just take it away like I did with Roman. But for some reason with Jaxon I feel so bad because he was in so much pain for so long. Then he looks at me with those puppy dog eyes and say "da ba" which means....the bottle. And then i cave and give it to him. I guess I will just have to throw away his bottles so that I can't give it to him.

Roman is as big as ever. He just turned 3 and is wearing 4T/5T clothes. He is just humungous. I can't believe how big he is getting. I have a feeling by the time he is 10 he'll be towering over me. He is just so cute. He was wrestling around with a friend of mines girls and they were beating him up, so when he was talking to his dad tonight, he said "those girls beat me up 4 times. and then the boy beat them up." It wa so cute.

I'm just getting super excited to be able to buy a home whenever jon gets home. I'm am so looking forward to it and cannot wait to finally own our own home. I know he is going to be away for a while, but what he is doing for our family will give us great financial stability. He is a wonderful husband and I'm grateful to have him as mine, and that no one else gets to have him.

1 comment:

The Crisps said...

Aww, I feel for you Nicole! It always sucks to have your husband gone. But woohoo on getting a house! Lucky!